Ponderings

I have been thinking about my dream today, wondering where the words I spoke came from.

I mean--why would I ever tell Dinky--or even Dinky's spirit--to "go on now?"

There is a folk wisdom, a racial memory, that suggests that having the spirits of the dead hanging around is a bad thing. That spirits have to move on to be happy or at peace. That is the way of things.

But on the other hand, I have always fancied that the spirits of our dead cats hung around our home, acting as guardian spirits. And I know that Dinky would absolutely relish the role of guardian angel. She was such a little busybody that I can imagine how she would enjoy having license to be involved in everyone else's business. That's right up her alley.

So, Dink, if you are out there--I hope you are watching over us.

Comments

Popular Posts