With the help of injectables for pain and to quiet her acid stomach, Bunny has been feeling pretty good since her vet trip on Monday.
Of course, I am trying to miss no opportunity to bestow affection on her, speaking to her every time I pass her sleeping basket, bringing her up onto the bed at night to cuddle with me, and petting her every chance I get.
It is always easier to know what is going on with the cats than to speculate, even when the news is bad. At least now, as I wrote previously, I have a sense of the shape of the future, I know why Bunny has been lethargic and I can help her to feel better.
Knowing the inevitable outcome, we also know there will be a point when we have to make a decision based on Bunny's quality-of-life, most specifically, pain. All depends now on long as we can keep whatever pain there is at bay. With our vet's help, it may be a while yet that we can enjoy Bunny. But when Bunny stops enjoying life, we owe it to her to let her go.