Little Sister

Cissy Sep 2003

Little Sister "Cissy"
28 Sep 1991 - 10 Jun 2008


I have been numb since last week. Cissy was doing so well. We thought that the runt of the litter was going to be the last survivor when Frieda was doing so poorly earlier this year.

Then--at the start of the month--it was as if Cissy's system just broke down and she was failing and there wasn't much we could do to stop it.

She spent one night and a couple of days at the vet clinic. They took good care of her but she was so glad to come home. When we opened the carrier in the entryway, she strode shakily all the way out to the invalid's cage in the shop and hauled herself inside. That's when we decided to let her die at home if at all possible.

So often, all our cats seem to want at the end of all things is to be home, snug and secure.

Cissy spent her last few days settled in her niche. Her sister, Frieda, was camped in her own retreat just inches away. I made sure she was as comfortable as we could make her. Our tough, brave, sweet-natured little kitty.

Cissy 1991

Comments

meemsnyc said…
We are so sorry to hear about Cissy. That is such sad news, we are thinking about you.
Laura said…
Thank you. I know I have been uncommonly quiet lately but I appreciate everyone's kind comments and support. It is just a sad fact of our life that we are going to lose our little loved ones over time. It just never gets any easier--just more familiar.
Oh dear Laura...I am so sorry to read about Cissy. It's good that you were able to let her go as she wanted.
This has been a rough year for you.
Sending many (((Hugs))) to you and Denny.
Meggie said…
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Cissy. She was a beautiful kitty and I'm sure you will miss her.
possumlady said…
Oh, I'm SO sorry. That is the perfect way of putting it though "it just never gets any easier--just more familiar"

Check out my blog for a couple of videos that will hopefully lighten your spirits.
MmeBenaut said…
Laura dear, poor little Cissy and coming so soon after Bunny. You must be absolutely devastated. You're in my thoughts. xxx
admin said…
dear Laura, we think this is our first visit here, nice to meet you...we sad to find out about your dearly companions, as many of our members in meaouwy troops have been gone away, either to bridge or missing & back again or born another kitty...we understand how you feel

-meaouwy troops-
Lisa said…
I'm so sorry to hear you lost Cissy. What a cute baby she was. I just wish they would stick around with us here a little longer. I'm glad she was able to leave this earth from her own home.

Popular Posts