Melted Kitties

A sure sign that fall is in the air, I finally put a fire in the wood stove yesterday. It has been a cool summer. There have been times when my hands were cold as I worked at the keyboard. But generally our house holds heat very well.

Still, nightime temperatures are dipping below forty now and the lower rooms were beginning to feel noticeably cool, so I built a fire. Once I get a fire going in the stove, I try to keep it going until I have to shut the stove down to clean out the ashes--two or three times a year. So hauling wood is once again part of the daily routine.

You can trust cats to know the wamrest spots in the house, so I wasn't surprised to find the downstairs littered with dozing cats. The radiant heat of the stove seems to melt them.

Frannie on the bookcase

The top of the bookcase, with its old Army blanket, is one of Franie's favorite spots to nap.

Slippers, melted

Slippers likes to stay close to the hearth.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
Ah, blissful sleep. Slippers looks a bit like my Lillipilli.

Popular Posts