Mimi



Mimi enjoying the July sun from the cat condo.

Comments

muffinmidi said…
I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you and Pickle Boy. Losing a pet is no different than losing a human family member.
In rereading your entries surrounding his death I was reminded of an incident that happened around the time my father was very ill last year. I had one of those flashes that everything would be okay, too. I put it down to wishful thinking till I read about Pickle Boy. Even if things don't work out the way we want them to (my father passed away), may be those flashes were a meassge, saying that in whatever foloows, our loved ones would be okay??? I'm just trying to figure this out myself.
Tracy
Laura said…
Thanks for your kind thoughts, Tracy. The hardest part about losing Pickle--I think--was that I had an expectation of having him for so much longer. Then--poof--he was gone past any recall.

As for the flash--I guess it was a realization that whatever happened was outside of my control--there was nothing I could do about it. Also, since his death, I have had the feeling that Pickle wants me to "let go" of him, to let him pass on into whatever lies ahead of him. Unlike Dinky, who I had to urge in dreams to "go on," Pickle was a practical and loving but unsentimental cat (strange how you can know these things but I do) and the concept that he would not want me clinging to his memory and would be curious about whatever lies ahead of him isn't outlandish to me.

Sorry to be rambling but this is the first time I have verbalized this feeling.

Someone once said, God answers prayers--just sometimes the answers aren't what you wanted." I'm not a Christian but I feel that there is a Greater Love that underlies the world we live in and I trust that Pickle (and your Dad) are resting safe in the palm of the Creator's hand.

That's what I take away from the experience. Does this help at all?
Unknown said…
Mimi is adorable. What a cool Kitty Condo! Purrs and Hugs
Karen Jo said…
That's a great kitty condo. Mimi really seems to be enjoying herself.

Popular Posts