In Memory...



Sad news this afternoon. Raider's brother, Auggie, left us too soon.

He had a loving life with my cousin but his body failed him and she had to make the saddest but most selfless of decisions.

This poem is running through my head tonight:


Shadow’s Song

I`m not gone...not really
I haven`t gone away...I`ve only gotten bigger.
My eyes, so bright, now shine among the stars.
My voice sings with the wind in winter, as I leap
and dance among the tree tops.
I stalk the blown leaves in autumn, and brush the
flowers gently in the spring.
I come to you in dreaming,
on feet grown dreamtime soft,
And lay my cheek against yours and whisper;

Peace be with you.

Someday we will play again together,
you and I, among the stars.
Til then, fear not to love,
for your love gave my life meaning.
And I return that love to you...
a hundredfold...
a thousandfold...
Forever.

by audrey e


Good-bye, Auggie. You were a very good boy.

Comments

Trish said…
That's so beautiful Laura, thank you so much for posting that. Your support to mom through these past few months means so much to me when I'm unable to be there for her. Give Raider love for me please. I still miss him daily. Trish
Beautiful poem. I'm so sorry he had to leave too soon..
Rest in peace Auggie...
Meggie said…
So sorry to hear about Auggie. I'm sure he will be missed.
M.Benaut said…
A lovely tribute to Auggie. xxx Mme B

Popular Posts