Cat Meds



It began almost two years ago, when the number of cats needing daily medication begged for some kind of organization.

I started with a sheet of notebook paper but quickly decided to use Word to set up a document I could re-use and edit. Every couple of weeks I make whatever changes are needed and print it out. I keep the med-list on a clip board in the kitchen where I prepare the cats' medications. Some--like Toby-John and Tiny when she was with us--have on-going medications while others--like Cissy or Houdini--just have a two-week course of antibiotics or something similar from time to time.

The checklist makes it easy for us to keep track, especially when two of us are doing meds. It also comes in handy when I am consulting with our vets as it allows me to recall what amount of fluids I have given a particular cat and if I have tried any other medications for a particular problem.

Comments

hummm...we could use a form like that around here!

Popular Posts