Punkin

I was petting the Punk yesterday after I got home from work and it felt as if the fatty cyst on her back had gotten larger. So, I parted her fur and took a good look at it. It had grown to twice the size it had been just a few months ago and developed another lobe.

Yikes!

Since Lucy's malignancy, I wasn't going to take any chances, so I called the vet clinic right away and got her scheduled first thing this morning.

So much for sleeping in on my days off.

So, I didn't do much today--just hung out at home waiting for it to be time to go get my kitty. I always worry a little when they go under anesthesia, even though Punkin has been there many times before and she hasn't been wheezing as much this week as last.

Dots carried Punkin out to the waiting room for me. She said she had to use extra anesthesia because after giving the usual dose, Punk was still sitting there just watching her suspiciously (well, Dots didn't say suspiciously but I know Punkin well enough to know that's how it was) so Punkin was still pretty groggy this afternoon, though she did visibly perk up when she heard me call her name.

We do love each other desperately, my fat red cat and I.

Comments

Popular Posts